We take great pride in providing a home to tenants that are in a good state of repair and fit for habitation. We comply with health, safety, housing and maintenance standards. At Peterborough Housing Corporation we have a regular maintenance routine in place, we perform major repairs when necessary, we respond promptly to routine maintenance concerns, and we take immediate action in emergency situations. Working together we will ensure that your home remains in a good state of repair suitable to both parties.
Examples of repairs due to normal wear and tear that PHC would be responsible for are:
- Leaky taps
- Running toilets
- Roofing issues
- Broken handrails and/or stair treads
- Foundation issues
- Repairing floors that are damaged through normal conditions
- Appliance repairs when appliances have been provided by the landlord
It is important that all maintenance issues be reported to Peterborough Housing Corporation as soon as you become aware of a problem to prevent further damage from occurring. Tenants wishing to place a maintenance request can call the maintenance line at (705) 742-3973 OR complete a maintenance request form.
Examples of repairs due to normal wear and tear that PHC would be responsible for are leaky taps, running toilets, roofing issues, broken handrails and/or stair treads.
Working together will ensure that your home remains in a good state of repair suitable to both parties.
Taking care of your unit is a joint responsibility of the tenant and landlord. As a tenant, you are responsible for fixing any damages or repairs caused by you or your guests.
For example, tenants are responsible for the following when damage results from the action of tenants or their guests :
- Entry or internal door repair or replacement
- Drywall, painting, repairs, and/or wallpaper removal
- Broken fixtures
- Burnt and/or damaged countertops
- Charges that result from tampering with smoke/CO detectors
- Damage to vehicles in parking lot or through minor accidents
- Excessive cleaning due to improper care of unit
- Unapproved modifications to the unit
- Appliance repairs and/or replacement where the tenant has been required to purchase
Should the landlord need to make these repairs there may be a charge to the tenant for all material and labour costs.
Fire and Water Damage
If there is fire or water-related damage, tenant charges may result if there is tenant carelessness. Tenants are responsible for obtaining adequate insurance coverage to cover costs for fire and water damages.
Maintenance Request Form
This form is for Residents of Peterborough Housing Corporation (PHC) to submit a maintenance request. Requests are monitored Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, excluding holidays. PHC will review your request by the end of the next business day. If this matter requires immediate attention, please call 705-742-3973 during business hours or 705-742-7911 after hours.